Baby, What's Your Sign?

Being a skeptic of all things supernatural, I am not a believer in astrology. That being said, I enjoy the entertainment value the zodiac descriptions provide, and found one website that characterizes the Sagittarius (supposedly, that's me) with the following traits:

Optimistic and freedom-loving, jovial and good-humored,
honest and straightforward, and intellectual and philosophical.


Despite the absurdity of star signs, I borrowed this description since these traits aptly describe - in most instances, at least - the content you'll find here.

Feel free to comment!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Turn Ons to Tune In To. Television's Top 10 Men.





Just a fun Top 10 List I wanted to put together of the guys who can turn me on when I tune in...(and please give me some credit for not only posting, but being able to find decent pictures of these guys fully clothed...)



10. David Caruso of CSI:MIAMI. I know, I know. Not the obvious choice. And although I would never actually consider David Caruso to be sexy, his character Horatio Cane certainly is. Maybe it's all those youtube sunglasses montages...but I think it's mostly the way his character is so determined to keep his word to victims - he's sensitive when he needs to be, yet demonstrates remarkable toughness (love the episode where he gets the domestic abuser in a room and shuts the blinds as he tells him he's going to "wait" with the perp for his lawyer...knowing he's about to give the guy a beat down of his own). There is something undeniably attractive about his character's protective nature, not just for his team, but of people his character meets for the first time.


9. Seth Macfarlane of FAMILY GUY. Even though he voices more than one character, his regular voice takes the form of Brian, the family dog. Brian is the atheist in the family, Stewie's wing man, and I'm just using this all as an excuse to get Seth Macfarlane on my list. I'm sorry, forgive me. He's undeniably cute and incredibly intelligent, and THAT is incredibly sexy.


8. Jesse Williams of GREY'S ANATOMY. Okay, so I don't actually watch this show and haven't seen it in over two seasons. However, I have caught previews of the show and bits and pieces here and there, and I must say, if I were to be a faithful follower, I would have an eye out for this guy who plays Doc Avery.


7. Scott Caan of HAWAII FIVE-O. As Dann-o, his humor has my heart. You simply can't watch this show without finding him irresistibly adorable. I completely understand why the show won a People's Choice Award.


6. TJ Thyne of BONES. He's a nerdy scientist with beautiful blue eyes. He's an affectionate husband and soon-to-be Dad that will do anything for the love of his life. He's an intelligent conspiracy theorist with a heart of gold. What's not to love?


5. David Boreanaz of BONES. Forget this guy's personal life issues because everyone has them and it doesn't detract from Booth's moral high ground at all. I happen to love the "cocky" belt buckle and the flirty banter he's had with Bones over the last several seasons. It's just so easy to like his character, and it helps that he's pretty easy on the eyes as well.


4. Alex O'Loughlin of HAWAII FIVE-O. I don't know what's more sexy...his cut to the chase character or the real life Australian actor. I fell in lust with him on the short lived MOONLIGHT, and I'm happy to see him land a show with potential staying power -- it helps that his character can now bask in the sunlight and partake in the Hawaiian tradition of limited shirt wearing (though admittedly, he doesn't get half-naked on the show NEARLY enough!)


3. Ian Smolder-halder, I mean Somerhalder. Mispronunciation or not, there is no denying this guy smolders on screen. At first he was just so bad he was good, and now that he's mostly good, it just makes you want to love him even more. An added bonus is that he's willing to risk his (sort of) life for a woman he loves...knowing she loves his brother instead. He makes every female watching the show want to jump into the TV and beg him to love them instead.


2. Alexander Skarsgard of TRUE BLOOD. No, I'm not quite sure how he's not #1 either. To be fair, the #1 spot should really be a tie. This guy stole the show in Season 2 and just kept getting better. I CAN'T WAIT for Season 4 (Season of the Witch) and am really hoping Alan Ball has him running half naked down Sookie's driveway with amnesia in episode 1....or I might be compelled to write some nasty-grams to the good director. But whether Alan B. comes through or not in S4, he definitely lived up to my expectations with Eric's character in S3. Forget Jacob or Edward...I'm on Team Viking.


1. Joshua Jackson of FRINGE. I guess as long as Joshua Jackson is on TV, he'll always find his way to my #1 spot. I've been told that although I claim to not have a type (hey, look at this list...is there really a pattern?) if I did have one, this guy would be the epitome of that type. I'm told by some that they can see a small resemblance between my favorite TV star with my favorite musician (Dave Matthews) but...I don't see it. I've loved Joshua Jackson since he played Pacey, and love his character on FRINGE. I'm a little mad at him for not knowing Faux-livia from the real Olivia, but...I'm quite sure he'll find a way to make it up to her this upcoming season. I'll have to TUNE IN to see how well he pulls that off, and that certainly won't be a chore.


MEN-tionables that are certainly worth honoring:

Sendhil Ramamurthy of COVERT AFFAIRS. On USA's new summer show, he played Jai Wilcox. I first fell in love with him on HEROES, and although he is certainly attractive, it's his sexy voice that really gets him to the Top 15.

Ryan Kwanten and Joe Manganiello of HBO's TRUE BLOOD. Okay, so they didn't quite make the Top 10, but they are definitely in the Top 15. It's impossible to not love Ryan Kwanten's innocent ignorance. And Joe Manganiello makes you believe that werewolves are real, and can see why they run hot. The two didn't make the Top 10 probably because True Blood is in off-season - had I made the list over the summer, these two could have definitely found their way closer to the top.

Mark Salling - Puck from GLEE. Although I'm sure the kid is much older than the character he plays, there is still something that feels "off" about calling this guy a turn on. But, he's adorable as Puck, and a guy that can sing is always attractive. If I watched GLEE more often, I might have overlooked the age gap.

Eric Dane of GREY'S ANATOMY. I know, I know...Mr. McDreamy himself didn't make the list. I'll always have a small place in my heart for the Can't Buy Me Love star, but Eric Dane's McSteamy on GREY'S (when I did watch 2 seasons ago) turned up the heat more than any of the other good Doc's...hence his nickname.


Did I forget your favorite? Put together a list of your own...or let me know who you think is missing from mine. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow I have to agree with the majority of your choices.. Except of course the true blood ones since I don't know them, bones and fringe...

    Seth Macfarlane ~ Agreed

    Jesse Williams ~ Totally but I like Alex the best....

    Alex O'Loughlin of HAWAII FIVE-O ~ Yum

    Mark Salling - Puck from GLEE. OH YEAH THE REASON I WATCH GLEE!

    Eric Dane of GREY'S ANATOMY. MCSteamy!!!

    Good Job!! <3

    ReplyDelete